Politech mailing list archives

FC: Politech members reply over Paypal deleting news site account

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 21:04:20 -0500

Personally, I've been happy enough with Paypal and find it a useful service. It is reasonable to speak out against Paypal if we know for a fact it is terminating accounts arbitrarily for political activities. Here, however, we don't know enough about the details of the situation, and I'll give Paypal/eBay the benefit of the doubt for now. If the details suggest otherwise or this becomes a pattern, then I'll change my mind.

Previous Politech message:
"Paypal deletes account of independent news site, gives no reason"
http://www.politechbot.com/p-04548.html

-Declan

---