Politech mailing list archives

FC: Request for help with research on Australia, NZ spam laws

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 14:15:49 -0400

A longtime Politech subscriber is doing research on spam laws in Australia and New Zealand and has asked me to forward a research query. The eventual result of this research will be available to the public. Please send responses to:
spamresearch () politechbot com

If you could help with these questions, I'd appreciate it:

* A summary of legislative initiatives, both national and other
* Any challenges that the countries have faced in developing legislation (ie. opposition, jurisdiction or constitutional constraints)
* Opinions on whether new laws are effective or pointless
* Information about any cases brought under new laws, any other news about spam initiatives in those countries.

Again, please direct replies to:
spamresearch () politechbot com

Thanks,
Declan