Politech mailing list archives

FC: eBay bends over backwards to hand users' personal info to police

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:23:27 -0500

[I hope this article is inaccurate and eBay will respond to set the record straight. Perhaps Tod, who's their senior policy counsel here in Washington, can tell us if eBay is rethinking its apparent cozy relationship with law enforcement. Also remember that eBay owns PayPal now. Doesn't David Chaum's blind signature systems patent (for anonymous digital cash) expire in July 2005? --Declan]

---