Politech mailing list archives

States forciby collecting DNA samples from newborns? [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:56:18 -0500

---

Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 08:56:07 -0600
From: Jules Siegel <jules_siegel () cafecancun com>
To: declan () well com
Subject: States collecting newborn DNA samples

Interesting thread from drugwar.com on dna collection issues. Anti-drugwar activist Ed Forchion reports that he is fighting New Jersey's demand that he submit a DNA sample or return to prison. Another subscriber responded with the news that "Tangentially, every baby born in some states, is being subjected to relinquishing a blood sample, which is then kept in a state warehouse."