Politech mailing list archives

FC: Text of part of White House draft cybersecurity plan

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 02:30:38 -0400

I've put the "National Priorities" section of the White House's report online here in six parts in efax format:
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/wh/p1.efx
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/wh/p2.efx
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/wh/p3.efx
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/wh/p4.efx
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/wh/p5.efx
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/wh/p6.efx

Or, if you'd prefer a single tarball:
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/wh/natl-priorities.efx.tar.gz

I'd be happy to distribute links to an OCR'd version (though note I'll be in transit to Seattle for most of Tuesday, so send 'em soon).

Each page is labeled at the top and bottom with: "FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY -- Not for Distribution Outside the Federal Government"

Note that p31 of the National Priorities section is titled "Highly Secure/Trustworthy Computing." It has good things to say about Microsoft's Palladium project, and says secure hardware "is also critical."

Previous Politech message:
http://www.politechbot.com/p-03993.html

-Declan