Politech mailing list archives

FC: The Onion deletes parody article about Chechen rebels

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:39:53 -0500

The Onion has deleted a parody article about the Chechen rebels and the Moscow theater siege. It was pretty tame by Onion standards. Last week, it appeared here:
http://www.theonion.com/onion3842/those_chechen_rebels.html

Now it's quietly disappeared. The URL no longer works, and the article does not show up on a search of the site. Google has archived it here: http://216.239.33.100/search?q=cache:aTDv7HqpUIsJ:www.theonion.com/oni on3842/those_chechen_rebels.html+onion+chechen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

I've mirrored an excerpt here:
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/onion.deleted.112002.txt

I don't know the reason for the deletion. I invite The Onion to reply.

-Declan