Politech mailing list archives

FC: Friday humor: Al Gore, former VP, now a restauranteur

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:34:16 -0500

[Like the best humor, this is true. --DBM]

---

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/nm/20011129/pl/people_gore_dc_1.html

   Al Gore Says Now Restaurateur in Tennessee

   LAGOS, Nigeria (Reuters) - Former Vice President Al Gore told a
   Nigerian audience on Thursday that he now runs a family restaurant in
   Tennessee.

   Gore narrowly lost the 2000 U.S. presidential election to Republican
   George W. Bush.

   ``This has been a time of transition for me and it hasn't been easy,''
   Gore told an audience at the Nigerian Institute of International
   Affairs.

   ``For example, there are usually a lot of cars on the road. Now it
   takes a lot longer to get around, and given that I haven't driven for
   eight years, I'm not sure it's wise (to drive),'' said Gore, who was
   driven in a limousine while he was vice president.

   He also told the capacity audience that he had started the new family
   enterprise in his home state.

   ``We have started a family restaurant in Tennessee and we are running
   it ourselves. It is a low-cost restaurant,'' he said. ``I am also a
   visiting professor or VP for short.''

   [...]