Politech mailing list archives

FC: More on Bob Goodlatte, spam, and censorhappy legislators

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:34:21 -0500

[Steve is a former computer scientist at the NRL. At the end of this post is another computer program that Goodlatte's bill would render illegal. Do these congresscritters -- or, really, their staff -- ever think these things through? How about reading up on the concept of a government with limited powers? The only law we need from these folks is one requiring all of them to take a remedial course on the First Amendment... --Declan]

*********