Politech mailing list archives

FC: Industry Standard ceases publication, lays off staff

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 00:01:23 -0400

Also see:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/nm/20010816/tc/industrystandard_dc_4.html
The Industry Standard, whose pages chronicled the hope and the hubris of the dot-com revolution, announced Thursday it was suspending publication and laying off most of its staff -- the latest victim of the slumping technology sector it once celebrated.

This is a terrible shame. I remember meeting Jonathan Weber, the editor in chief, for coffee on Connecticut Ave. here in DC about the time that he was preparing to launch the magazine, maybe in 1997. Things were a lot different then. I have friends who work there, and I wish them the best of luck.

-Declan

********