Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Finding pen-testers

From: amoeba () amoebazone com
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 22:07:18 +0000 (UTC)

List members,

A colleague of mine recently asked about mailing lists for job postings specific to the pentest world. I was surprised
to notice that the SecurityJobs and SecurityJobs-Discussion mailing lists have been dead for a number of years, it's
been a while since I've been in the job-seeking market. I'm not about to open the floodgates on this list to
headhunters/hiring opportunities so please put down the pitchforks. However, it did get me wondering.

There are always posts to the list on recommendations/skills/requirements for people looking to get into pentesting.
How about some discussion from the hiring side: How are you finding your testers? While companies can go the usual
Monster/Dice/etc route, where do you go to look for specific skill sets like pentesting to have a higher chance of
hitting your target audience/job seekers without having to wade through a billion resumes that don't even come close to
what you're looking for?