Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: What's Next? Attack of Internal IP Disclosure

From: Nikhil Wagholikar <visitnikhil () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 10:47:51 +0530

Hi Zaki,

There is no direct implication/risk of internal IP Address disclosure.
However, you can use this knowledge for further hacking. For example,
if you are able to exploit a vulnerability remotely and get a reverse
command shell, you can then attempt to further penetrate the internal
network, since you now know the internal IP Address of system and
hence the internal IP Addressing scheme.

All the best!

---
Nikhil Wagholikar