Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: compiling exploit code

From: William Söderberg <william.soderberg () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 20:42:20 +0200

It helps if you provide us with the error messages, maybe even the
aforementioned code as well?

Also, I would not recommend using code from random people on the
Internet due to the security risk, if you don't understand the code
that is. The chance that the author has hidden a backdoor in the
assembly code is too high. But if it's supposed to be used in a
properly segmented lab environment, then you don't need to worry I
guess. :)