Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Quite basic SQL injection question

From: arvind doraiswamy <arvind.doraiswamy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 17:07:25 +0530

Hi Alexandre,
Have you looked at 'completing the syntax' of the SQL query itself
after injection? For e.g A sample query could eventually look like -
"select * from table1 m JOIN table2 t UNION SELECT 1,2,3 from
dual"--ORDER BY m.field1, t.field2";

Note the extra " after dual? I'm just saying - whatever your syntax is
- try and complete that AFTER you're done injecting.

Another thing that has often worked for me is validating my syntax at
a MySQL prompt itself. This helps me know that my SQL syntax itself
isn't wrong.

All the best!

Arvind

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Alexandre De Dommelin