Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Properly Arp Cache Poisoning

From: Leandro Quibem Magnabosco <leandro.magnabosco () fcdl-sc org br>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 09:59:41 -0200

Elliot Fernandes escreveu:
Your port forwarding isn't on. this results you receiving packets intended for the victim, but NOT the victim. Turn
packet forwarding so you receive the packets then send them out again...

r00t@pent3st3r# echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Hi  Elliot.

I have done that otherwise it would not work with my desktop computer.
I still have no clue why it does not work with my laptop.
I have tested it with my dad's computer and it works fine too, it's just my laptop that I'm having issues with.

Thank you so far.