Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Passive PenTesting

From: John Lampe <jwlampe () tenablesecurity com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 11:16:32 -0500

On 12/3/2010 7:00 PM, Maverick wrote:
Thanks Robin, I really appreciate your detailed response. So there are
no existing tools or scripts that do banner grabbing for you. I am
trying 'pads' it purports to do passive banner grabbing for you but I
am not having any luck so far. Please lt me know if you have tried
this tool before.

Hey there,

There are commercial tools. The company that I work for has a passive vulnerability scanner that gets banners, software versions, protocols used, firewall/proxy machines, and a few thousand more checks as well....

I'm definitely biased, but you can look at the product here : http://www.tenable.com/products/pvs/

John