Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Leased Lines

From: "Craig Wilson" <craig.wilson () redtray co uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:36:13 +0100

Hi Seb,

It can certainly be tapped into, though the fact that it's a leased line
makes it less easy to do. Basically you are dealing with just one
(usually) supplier and so you just need to worry about their security
standards rather than the Internet in general. I'd suggest any
connection that you would deem 'corporate' needs to be encrypted in some
way. Obviously you lose a little performance as soon as you start to
encrypt and if you have Cisco devices on the end-points you will want
encryption cards in them.

Craig