Penetration Testing mailing list archives

IBM Websphere Portal Authentication Bypass

From: Eduardo Sierra <esierr4 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:38:51 -0400

Hi List,

I'm an IT Risk Auditor, last year we found some documentation,
regarding an authentication security bypass vulnerability, afecting
IBM Websphere Portal 5.1.0.4. (Our  transactional web site runs on
it).

We failed to raise awaraness about the issue, and after a year the
security hole remains. I'm looking for further information on how to
exploit it. The purpose of it is to actually log externally to the web
site servers, take a few snapshots and file a report, or drop the
issue or look at it at a diferent angle.

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/30500

I assume that any attack on this must be some form of url
manipulation, sql-injection or hidden parameter tampering, i haven't
tested this myself... i'll try setting up a lab

Any help will be much apreciated

Eduardo Sierra