Penetration Testing mailing list archives

HTTP Proxy Question

From: jfvanmeter () comcast net
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:53:45 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Everyone, I have a assessment on a application that installs a web server, uses a web broser as the user
interfacer.

I've tried to monitor the connectioning using Burp, Feddler 2, TamperIE, and Firefox/HTTPFox. I"m going to try
webscarab tonight.

When I start the proxy, it monitors traffic over port 80 and port 443 to the internet with out any problems.

When I start IE7 or Firefox, the proxy shows the start of the connection, but the browse shows that it can not connect
to the server.

The urls are https://mycomputername:portnumber

Are the proxies failing to redirect the browser output back to the mycomputername so the connection fails?

Thanks //John