Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Cisco 3015 concentrator VPN bruteforce? And proxy with easy header rewrite?

From: aditya mukadam <aditya.mukadam () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:27:28 +0530

Richard,

Based on my personal experience with Cisco Concentrator, the result
you received is pretty much expected.

Quick Question: What are you exactly trying to achieve ? Brute force
to get what/which info ?

As you would know, Security Associations(SA) are created by the VPN
Gateway during  IPSec negotiation/connection. The Phase 1 SA is ISAKMP
while the Phase 2 SAs are IPSEC (bi-directional). The actual traffic
is encrypted with protocol ESP or encapsulated with AH ( not used
nowadays). Packet is encapsulated in TCP 10000 after the IPSec
connection successfully establishes.

Insight to Cisco Concentrator. Its capable of:
1) Site to site IPSec VPN
2) Remote Access IPSec VPN Gateway
3) WebVPN (SSL VPN)
Lemme know if you need more info.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Aditya Govind Mukadam

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:00 AM, Richard Miles