Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[tool] Unix auditing, Lynis 1.2.5

From: "M. Boelen" <michael () rootkit nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:55:09 +0100

A new version of Lynis is available, which includes currently over 200
tests to assist auditors and security administrators to audit their Unix
machines. The tool can be executed without a required installation and
displays the outcome of the tests on the screen. Extended information
can be found in the log file, including all the results of tests.

After many releases I want to ask to try this new version and give me
input about what you like to see when checking Unix systems for their
security strenghts and weaknesses.

More information and a download link can be found on the project page:
http://www.rootkit.nl/projects/lynis.html

Regards,

Michael Boelen
--