Penetration Testing mailing list archives

ORDER BY sql injection help

From: lister () lihim org
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:45:49 -0500

Requesting assistance.

An application uses GET and one of the parameters translates to an ORDER BY
in an Oracle SQL query.

I can put in 1 through X where X is a column number to order the output up to X columns.

I can also get ORA errors, so I know I have direct access to the SQL query.

I'm looking for references on possible queries for a query with an injectable
ORDER BY clause.  I'm not sure if it is possible to break out of the ORDER BY
to query other data.