Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: SQL Server Scan

From: Kvetch <kvetch () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:46:28 -0400

This may not be the easiest or best method but I usually use a script
that runs nmap, sqlping and hydra.  First I nmap for the standard sql
ports (udp 1434) output those results to a file then I use the unix
variant of sqlping to sqlping each IP found in the nmap output.  I
then take that sqlping output and use awk to output the results into
files contain IP's that all have an instance running on the same port,
so one file containing all IP's running an instance on 1433 and
another file contain all IP's running an instance on 1047...  I then
kick off hydra against those IP's/Ports using a dictionary catered to
MSSQL accounts and perhaps user's I pulled in via an AD query.

Nick