Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Cross-company collaboration

From: "Adriel T. Desautels" <ad_lists () netragard com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:59:00 -0400

Happy that my thread got some people thinking! What is interesting is that my partner and I (here at Netragard) have often thought about the same thing. We've considered the idea of collaborating with other penetration testing companies on various levels from taking on overflow work to playing out team based scenario's for specific customers. Having said that we haven't found any other pen-testing companies that a) we'd be comfortable working with or b) would be comfortable workign with us (one or the other usually).

Jonathan, another such tool exists (unless I've misunderstood yours) that is called the dradis framework. There's a link to it on the right hand side of our blog under affiliates and friends. Dradis is an information sharing framework for penetration testers. It enables us to create projects, store information, and even generate reports for the report writing team all from one centralized location. Think of it as a collaboration tool specifically for pen-testers with awesome import functionality etc. Never the less, how does that address the issue of two companies that offer penetration testing services working with each other? It doesn't. It only addresses the issue of team collaboration right? Or have I misunderstood...

I've made additional comments below, mostly because I am very interested to hear what you have to say...