Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: computer/vulnerability database

From: "Shenk, Jerry A" <jshenk () decommunications com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 14:22:22 -0500

It seems like this should be fairly straightforward.  Years ago, I
worked in FileMaker...I think that would work well and it's pretty
cheap.  MS Access might be a bit more widely used and of course, both of
those options require a windows box (kindof - Wine probably works).  It
seems like a helpdesk package would have the computer inventory and
"incidents"...perhaps the incidents could be twisted a bit to fit this
need.  Just one more thing to add to my "to do list" ;)  I was hoping
somebody would have some ideas that I could incorporate to get something
functional running in an hour or two.