Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Problems on updating Metasploit Framework 3 in BackTrack 4

From: Felipe Martins <martins.felipe.security () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 23:26:13 -0200

Hello,

Did anybody have problems on updating Metasploit Framework 3 in BackTrack4 ? I recently tried to update it but i couldn't. I've tried to do that with the following command sequence, as i always do:

   *bt ~ # cd /pentest/exploits/framework3
   bt ~ # ./svn-update.sh

*    At the end of the update process i receive the following error:
*
   A     external/source/meterpreter/source/openssl/lib/linux/i386
svn: REPORT of '/svn/!svn/vcc/default': Cound not read response body: Connection reset by peer (http://metasploit.com)

*After this error Metasploit Framework 3 continues to work properly but seems not to be updated at all. I'm trying to update Metasploit in a BackTrack 4 ISO running through a VMWare Workstation 7.0. Thanks in advance

--
Felipe Martins
Security Analyst