Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: OpenVPN traffic

From: David Howe <DaveHowe.Pentest () googlemail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:00:23 +0000

Jack Carrozzo wrote:
Some people use static keys (quite a few in my experience). In that
case, if you can get the keyfile you're all set.

Sure. and in this test case I have access to the server pem files too,
but its getting "inside the envelope" to see the otherwise unencrypted
traffic inside the tunnel I am having problems with. There appear to be
no analysis tools out there at all to look at the traffic - and I mean
at all, not even a wireshark "this is an openvpn key packet" basic
dissector.