Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: To go to University - For the CISSP etc. - Good idea/Bad idea???

From: "Sam Oke" <sam.oke () 21ctl com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 09:44:02 +0100

I like your idea at this age, please go to university, with a single purpose that you have in mind, security is a good choice.

See you on the graduation day.

sam

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 18:26:48 +1000
 Hy Zaret <hyzaret () gmail com> wrote:
Greetings & Salutations to all!

I've been training myself for a while, and have recently came to the
conclusion that University would be my best choice.

The main reasons I made this decision are;
• Social reasons
• Educational advantages
• Takes years off the experience needed to take the CISSP

I'm writing on these mailing-lists for two reasons;
• To find out what you think of my choice (not locked in yet!!!) • For advice on which course to go for (Sydney, NSW, Australia)

I am wishing sometime in the future to begin a career in IT Security.

Although being under 18, I have still found time to achieve various certifications; including CompTIA's Security+, three Cisco
certifications & a Microsoft accreditation.

Also, for the last 4 months I've been working full-time on the 1st
Level of an IT Helpdesk.

Am very open to ideas, so would be interested in reading & answering
your replies!

Thank you for reading this,

Hy Zaret

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.
http://www.iacertification.org

M1:+234-8098590695
M2:+234-8033590696
Office:234-1-2702915

It does not matter what is the matter, I shall matter were it matters
and I WILL GET THERE