Penetration Testing mailing list archives

SSL EV Certificates

From: pand0ra <pand0ra.usa () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:47:15 -0600

I was wondering what everyone thought of the EV (Extended Validation)
certificates. Verisign has a document that says the EV certs do not do
code/content signing though the regular class 3 certificates do. Is
this a issue to worry about? I know there is a issue out there that
compromises the browser and can fake the green bar that makes the EV
cert feel safe. Aside from that I would like to know if it is a worthy
investment in security or a marketing ploy. What are your thoughts?