Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: How can I learn assembly to Understand Buffer/heap overflows

From: "exploit dev" <extraexploit () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 19:07:03 +0200

You can use some excelent syngess book and wiley books i thinks is the
best way for acquire the knowledge necessary to your goals. searh in
amazon.com or bookpool.com.

I bought this books (title, editor)
The Shellcoder's Handbook: Discovering and Exploiting Security Holes - Wiley
Reverse Engineering Code with IDA Pro - Syngress
Sockets, Shellcode, Porting, & Coding: Reverse Engineering Exploits
and Tool Coding for Security Professionals  - Syngress
 For assembly language i suggest you to know which architecture have
you need to exploit and get the assembly reference directly from the
vendors site.

regards

extraexploit