Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Required Help on Automated Tools

From: "Leverett, Eireann (GE Infra, Energy)" <eireann.leverett () ge com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:02:34 +0200

Noxious,

SQL-Injection and XSS can be tested with ServiceTest by HP/Mercury. You will
still need to write some aspects of the scripts yourself, but much of the
basic overhead is done for you, assuming your webservices have WSDLs defined
and you can get at them.

Essentially, I would recommend this tool for source-code assisted/white box
testing. If you are looking for a black box testing tool (which I suspect
you are), use something else.

Éireann Leverett CSSA