Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Dangerous in using nmap for AS/400 730 machine configured with 3 ASPs?

From: "Rick Zhong" <sagiko () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 15:49:44 +0800

I will put my bet on the crash of IP stacks as well. Those systems
just can't handle the nmap probing packats properly. A very common
scenario is the systems open connections and allocate resources, but
fail to close them properly. I encountered these cases not only on
AS400, some old solaris OS also have similar issues.

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Brahnda A. Eleazar