Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Identify rogue adsl modems routers in the network

From: "Nikhil Wagholikar" <visitnikhil () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 20:03:38 +0400

Hello t35tman,

For ADSL Modem detection you could use war dialer tool like Modemscan or iWar.

For detecting (manageable) Routers, you could either perform a ping
sweep (using nmap) or use tools like Angry IP Scanner or Netscan.exe.

Links:

Modemscan WarDialer: http://www.wardial.net/

iWar WarDialer: http://www.softwink.com/iwar/

Nmap: http://insecure.org/

Angry IP Scanner: http://www.angryziber.com/w/Home

NetScan.exe: http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/

Hope that helps you.

---
Nikhil Wagholikar
Practice Lead | Security Assessment Team
Web: http://www.niiconsulting.com/
Security Products: http://www.niiconsulting.com/products.html