Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Several Domains

From: "Ahmed Zaki" <ahmedmzaki () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 03:33:32 -0000

Thanks for your reply .

Apparently its my fault I should have made my question clearer.

Your target is Company X . The ip of the mail server turned to be
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and that when used to do a reverse DNS lookup gave
mail.companyx.com , mail.companyx-fs.com, mail.companyx.com.fs ,
mail.companyxfs.com . As a pentester how would you go about identifying the
actual domain name that is being used internally .

I am not asking for networking FACTS here,  I am rather asking the
pentesters out there about their past experiences thus I identify myself as
a noob.

I hope this is clearer .