Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: My Frustrations

From: "THOMAS, DEDRIC (ATTCLSMA)" <dt7089 () att com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:42:48 -0600

I too understand all your frustrations and gripes, the true question is "What
is considered a TRUE PEN-TESTER?  We all have our expertise in a particular
forum and need assistance at times, but to leverage a forum that is truly for
informational and discussion based theories I believe is "SAD" and in itself
highlights your inability to do your job.  Not saying everyone should know
everything, but you should take enough pride in becoming an ethical hacker to
know that if you need help, solicit assistance from those who may be smarter
than the average bear....lol...There's no way in this Industry, that if I'm
having issues with a particular exploit that I would post that on a Public
forum for someone to socially engineer my potential issues.  Only time will
separate the Geeks from the Wanna-be's, and if you are really a geek, you get
a high from the challenge of engineering or hacking an exploit, and you don't
want to share that with no one!!!

Have a Geek Day!  :-)