Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: SSL MITM not on port 443

From: christopher.riley () r-it at
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:56:36 +0200

Thanks for all the feedback on this.

I've confirmed that I can get this working on a normal SSL based web
server (obviously by agreeing to the insecure certificate). However I
still had no luck with Ettercap on this service. I'm trying now with an
iptables rule to forward between port 443 on the MITM machine to the
target server on a higher port. It's just getting a chance to squeeze it
in amongst the other things that need doing. I'll set aside some time at
the weekend to throw this on my lab system at home and get it working
somehow.

Raiffeisen Informatik GmbH, Firmenbuchnr. 88239p, Handelsgericht Wien, DVR 0486809, UID ATU 16351908

Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit oben angefuehrtem Absender via E-Mail dient ausschliesslich Informationszwecken.
Rechtsgeschaeftliche Erklaerungen duerfen ueber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht werden.
Correspondence with above mentioned sender via e-mail is only for information purposes. This medium may not be used for
exchange of legally-binding communications.