Penetration Testing mailing list archives

New ISECOM Releases!

From: Pete Herzog <lists () isecom org>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 17:02:14 +0200

Hi,

Some recent releases: OSSTMM 3.0 LITE, the Home Security Vacation Guide, and Hacking Exposed Linux all available at ISECOM.

We have created OSSTMM 3.0 LITE for the DefCon attendees. It is a smaller, simpler version of the OSSTMM 3.0 but does include the Data Networking tests as well as instructions on how to use it. You can get it at:

    http://www.osstmm.org

We also released a Vacation Guide, a checklist for locking your home down while going away for vacation. It is based on the OSSTMM and uses the same security research to make a pretty thorough checklist of things to "test" and make sure you're ready to go. You can get it here:

        http://isecom.org/hsm

If you are looking for more in-depth and technical knowledge, try Hacking Exposed Linux to complement and prepare for your OPST training. For how you want to use Linux in testing, services, or daily desktop use, you'll want to have this book as a handy resource. Written completely as an ISECOM project, it's now for sale through Amazon and at many bookstores. Check it out here:

    http://www.isecom.org/hel

Also, don't forget we are holding an OPST training on Aug. 25-26 in Shelton, CT, just 1 hour from NYC and just 2 from Boston. It's THE time to learn the OSSTMM and how much knowing the facts about security can greatly benefit you, your job, and your career. Get the details here:

    http://www.isecom.org/opst.pdf

Enjoy!

Sincerely,
-pete.

--
Pete Herzog - Managing Director - pete () isecom org
ISECOM - Institute for Security and Open Methodologies