Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Windows firewall question

From: Claudio Broglia <xeon () sysroot eu>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:23:00 +0200

Quoting Mifa <mifa () stangercorp com>:

I have heard that the windows firewall can be bypassed. Is this refering to applications or penetration from the network side?

Uhm, there were some problem discovered with windows xp firewall, from the host side. For example, you could bypass restrictions for ports listened on by the "sessmgr.exe" process.
I can't recall in this moment vulnerabilities from the network side.
Were you heard of it? Or you're asking for your interest with the classical tecnique "I friend of mine said..."? :P

cheerz
xeon