Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Citrix Pen Test,

From: "IRM" <irm () iinet net au>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 18:18:11 +1000

Dear All,

On my recent pen-test, I need to deal with an application that sitting
on the remote host. The way its works is that the client need to connect
to the remote server through Citrix and run the application.

1) I feel that this is quite challenging pen-test as I do not have full
control to the remote server. This gets me thinking that apart from
analyzing the traffic from the client PC to remote host and input
validation checking. Is there any thing that I could possibly do?

2) I noticed that the Citrix Client (Citrix Program Neighborhood 7) used
Basic Level encryption. I couldn't find anything in regards to this
Basic Level Encryption as to which algorithms that Citrix uses. I was
wondering whether this Basic Encryption could be cracked easily. Any
thought around this?

Cheers,
John