Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Does Backtrack set a swapfile by default?

From: "Lee Lawson" <leejlawson () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 08:50:18 +0100

Do you want to simply run BackTrack off of the CD, or do you want to
install it to your HDD?

Either way, you do not need to configure a swap partition for it to
operate correctly, but I advise you to have plenty of RAM (1GB at
least).

If you want to search for more advice on using BackTrack, you should
use their forums as this mailing list is really for pen testing
subjects and not really for using operating systems.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/

later,