Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Proof of concept - Segregation of developers

From: WALI <hkhasgiwale () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 21:58:18 +0400

Hi all...

In order to make a case for logically and physically separating developer/test environment with production/live environment, I want to prove that a developer with a malicious intent, carries the risk of bringing about operational disruption if allowed unmonitored access to his own developed application code in the production.

Conceptually, I am seeking to demonstrate an application with fraudulent backdoor access (port) left open by an application developer, which would seem to override all logical access controls flowing down by Active directory structure.

How can I demonstrate this proof of concept?