Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: List of "clickable" on-line pen-test tools

From: FocusHacks <focushacks () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 01:15:59 -0600

I had a demo account with Edgeos.com.  Not bad stuff, actually worked
pretty well.  Imagine a web based user-friendly nessus front end with
a lot of customizations and some extra reporting options.  It was
slick, possibly slick enough to subscribe to if you really want a
periodic check from the outside.  I'd recommend it to the right kind
of person, but it's not for everyone.  They also have "branding"
ability so that you can re-sell their services if you wish.  That'd be
more for you startup security company types, or computer/network
consultants that want to add a little net-sec to their menu, I
suppose.

Samspade.org has always been a mainstay for me.  They offer online
web-based tools.  If I have access to a Windows laptop, their windows
based tool offers a lot of stuff in a small package that can cut down
the time it takes to do certain pre-vuln-scanning stuff.

Church Of The Swimming Elephant (www.cotse.com) also had some cool
online stuff at one time.  I haven't been there in ages.  They may
have added or removed stuff since I've been there last.  I just did a
quick check to make sure it was still the same site (not a squatter or
something) and nothing more.

Cheers and best of luck!
--Noah