Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Enumeration of NAT'ed computer names

From: flightofpenguins () gmail com
Date: 17 Jan 2006 01:59:05 -0000

I have a need to enumerate computer names i.e. \\elvis  and \\winbox in a SOHO NAT'ed network.  The basic idea here is
that \\elvis was used to commit a crime, but in order to tie \\elvis the offender, I have to prove that \\elvis exists
on the network.

Caveat:

I have to do it legally, and I can't actively penetrate the network to enumerate the names.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Bill,
no, I'm not a big fan of Elvis

--
There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home.
        Ken Olsen, President, Digital Equipment, 1977

--
There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home.
        Ken Olsen, President, Digital Equipment, 1977
        US computer engineer & industrialist (1926 - )

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831