Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Spyware assessment techniques

From: Semper Securus <sempersecurus () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:20:14 -0500

These are two programs that run on *nix (I also think there are
FreeBSD ports as well) that will emulate a vulnerable Windows box for
the purposes of collecting malware.  We run a bunch of sensors over at
Shadowserver and these progams have been hugely successful in
collecting current malware for analysis.

http://nepenthes.sourceforge.net/

http://www.mwcollect.org/

Good Luck !

Andre'