Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Rainbow Tables

From: Max Ashton <maxashton () eml cc>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:28:11 +0000

Your average hacker isn't going to have qualms over using a cracked copy of,
f.ex, CoreSecurity's pentest suite, or a cracked copy of LC5. They're going
to use everything in the commercial, OSS, and Freeware and social arenas to
achieve their goal.

Sure, if they're doing a driveby wlan hack they might well use a livecd and an
old throwaway laptop, but you can't rule out the high tech, highly
experienced hackers.

You can't presume they have any morality. They don't care they're stealing
software. They want to steal / DOS / Destroy you.

Just my two pence.

Max Ashton