Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Technitium MAC Address Changer v4 (TMACv4 C4) Officially Released

From: One2 () onetwo com
Date: 19 Dec 2006 22:43:38 -0000

Hi,

I have recently been trying to change the MAC address within VMWare running Windows to a different vendors MAC address.

I can change the MAC address from within Windows; however, this is not picked up by various applications. I then tried
to change the MAC address within the VMWare configuration file; however, VMWare won't boot with a non-VMWare MAC
address.

Is this software going to solve my problem, or am I still screwed? ;o)

Any other suggestions from list members would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
One2