Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Injected, whats next

From: "Serg B." <sergicles () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 23:55:48 +1000

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 15:47 +0400, DokFLeed wrote:
if you don't know the case, keep it to your self.
plus, did you ever read the NDA or the contract we signed with the client?!
don't be smart and try to jump to conclusions , its very tricky :)
this is for technical discussion,
if (you have something to say)
{
 share it;

I tried something like that a while ago. Short answer: I didn't succeed.

I don't remember the details. I was using either PostgreSQL or MySQL
(thats the I don't remember part), PHP4 native DB libraries (not PDO),
Apache 2, Linux. In summary, what I tried was - looked up syntax
corresponding to executing shell commands through database client
console.

Then attempted to:

     1. Append it to an existing query.

     2. 2. Prefix it to an existing query (after the ';').

Problem was that language DB libraries did not understand the shell
command prefix that I used in the DB console. I tried it pretty
thoroughly since it was my own setup so I had access to everything.

If someone does answer, I'd be more then interested to see it in
action.

}
 else .....
{