Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: xss....what next???

From: Dr David Scholefield <david () port80 com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:38:56 +0100

This is surely the difference between a penetration test and a vulnerability scan?

A penetration tests is designed to map out the likely extent of vulnerabilities found by going a step deeper (without disrupting service). A vulnerability scan lists
'surface' vulnerability discoveries and moves on!

david scholefield
www.port80.com