Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Password "security" - was"Passwords with Lan Manager (LM) under Windows" and "Whitespace in passwords"

From: "Miguel Dilaj" <mdilaj () nccglobal com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:28:14 +0100

Hi Dave,

Lepton's Crack can, for sure. I dunno if the version with non-printable
characters is 20040914 or 20040916 (the later is not online, I'm afraid, I
have it on a CD somewhere).
Just had a look at the CHANGES file:

        20040914/
        - Added support for any ASCII character (ie. also non-printable) in
          the charset and regex definition, via \0(octal), \x(hex),
\(decimal)

Do a Google search for

        password cracker "non printable" characters

And have fun collating the results.
Cheers,

Miguel