Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Nessus against Novell file servers.

From: john thomas <mjohn2000_99 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:38:33 -0800 (PST)

It was part of an audit, so i do not have direct
access to these servers. From Nessus report, the
version was Novell NetWare 5.70.02.(Nessus also
reported "The remote Operating System is : NetWare
6.5" little confusing, I am trying to get it clear
from administrators)

Another post, Davi pointed out that there are two
known problems.

Thanks everybody

--- Jerry Shenk <jshenk () decommunications com> wrote:
I've never run into that and I've tested a number of
Novell servers.
What version of Netware are they running?

I have run into some other servers crashing and to
track it down, I just
kept hitting them, one "family" at a time till I
figured out which scan
was causing the problem.