Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Reverse Proxy Pen Testing

From: "Jerry Shenk" <jshenk () decommunications com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:51:36 -0500

I have found some proxies to be set up incorrectly when doing
pen-testing by simply configuring IE to use the public IP address as a
proxy.  One in particular, I was able to use their internet proxy to
access anything on their 10... from the internet simply by pointing IE's
proxy config at the public IP address.  That wasn't a "proxy problem",
it was a configuration problem but still, a pretty big problem!
...internal servers, printers, really not good!